How To Recycle Cigarette Butts & More for Free!
Our resourceful volunteer Helen N. found out about the TerraCycle company a year ago and since then we have recycled over 41,000 cigarette butts!
This organization specialized in recycling difficult-to-recycle packaging and products and repurposes the material into affordable, innovative products. They have been around since 2001 and is now one of the fastest-growing green company in the World.
When you do a cleanup, we encourage you to keep the cigarette butts aside to then ship them over to TerraCycle. It is a free service and shipping your cigarette butts can be done in less than 2 minutes!
You can go on their website to learn more about the TerraCycle’s Cigarette Butts Brigade.
How to recycle your cigarette butts – Instructions:
1. Go to https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/cigarette-waste-brigade.html
2. Enter a birthday date
3. Click on SIGN IN (upper right corner)
4. Use these credentials or create your own account
5. Click on SHIP US YOUR WASTE and enter the information required to get a shipping label
6. Click on “My Account” then “Brigades” tab then “show/hide” Shipments Outstanding
7. Click on any label number and print. Done!
Cigarette Waste Brigade accepted waste:
- Extinguished cigarettes
- Cigarette filters
- Loose tobacco pouches
- Outer plastic packaging
- Inner foil packaging
- Rolling paper
Please note: We DO NOT accept the paperboard packaging of a cigarette box. Instead, you may recycle this through your municipal recycling program.
Thank you for contribution in reducing waste!