Become A Junior Active Member
The Pacific Beach Coalition welcomes youth and student volunteers of all ages. Learn how to become leaders, earn credit, and complete service hours while giving back to the community and learning more about protecting and preserving our Earth.
Junior Active Members Can:
- Collect community service hours
- Be a Junior Site Captain (must commit to 1 Sat or Sun per month)
- Work with Site Captains to lead beach cleanups
- Hand out materials
- Become a significant member of the organizing team at any beach
- Conduct self-guided beach cleanups
Thank you for this opportunity this past year and a half. I really enjoyed my time with the PBC and getting to work with volunteers. I also want to let you know that I used my volunteer hours with the PBC to get a thousand dollar scholarship, which I am very excited about.-Previous Jr. Active Member
Environmental Stewardship Opportunities
Join the Junior Mission Blue Crew
The Junior Mission Blue Crew is supervised by two long-time volunteer, Gail.
Students participating in this crew often lead groups at their school and report back on progress. If you’re ready to strengthen your responsibility muscles and develop your project management and public speaking skills, join the Junior Mission Blue Crew! Email us at email@example.com to sign up.
Collect Community Service Hours
- Come to our monthly beach cleanups or habitat restoration events
- Join our Street to Beach Cleanups program
- Please follow the instructions listed here to get your community service hours verified
- Become a Junior Site Captain (work with Site Captains to meet and greet volunteers, hand out supplies, sort trash, help with setup and takedown, and hone your leadership skills)
- Write for our website
- Help raise money or recruit new volunteers
- Take ownership of a new environmental campaign
Contact Us to sign up or get more information.
Note: If your school requires a form to be completed and signed by us, submit your form to one of our site captains or remember to get your site captain’s email.