Plastic & Pacific Garbage Patch
- 5 Gyres
- Algalita Marine Research Foundation
- Project Kaisei
- NOAA Marine Debris Program
- Synthetic Sea – Algalita Marine Research Foundation (video)
- Photographer Chris Jordan’s blog, www.midwayjourney.com, documents the impact of plastic debris on the Laysan albatross population. Find powerful videos on their Youtube channel.
Marine Debris Photos – NOAA Marine Debris Program’s flickr page.
Reports on the topic of Marine Debris:
- Plastic Debris in the California Marine Ecosystem, A Summary of Current Research, Solution Efforts and Data Gaps. September 2011. California Ocean Protection Council and California Ocean Science Trust
- Plastic Debris in the Ocean, UNEP Year Book Emerging Issues in Our Global Environment 2011
Access California Coastal Cleanup Day historical data, including “top ten” lists of debris items, and collection data dating back to 1989.