You Give, We Give. It is the Season of Giving!
Can you believe that it is the end of the year? And we accomplished so much already, here are some highlights:
- Earth Day of Action became Earth Month with 288 cleanups done all over the West Coast by 868 volunteers
- Coastal Cleanup Day engaged 728 volunteers who picked up over 1,500 lbs of trash
- Butt Blitz happened for the 3rd year and engaged Earth Heroes to pick up over 30,000 cigarette filters
- We verified 1,089 community service hours for 413 students from Seattle to San Diego and East
- Since we started the Street to Beach Cleanups in June 2020, 7,774 volunteers picked up over 37,000+ of trash and covered 2,665 miles (that’s almost the number of miles you would drive going cross country!)
All of this would not have been possible without your support! To keep all of our programs afloat and to make sure that we accomplish the same (or more!) next year, we would be extremely grateful if you could open your heart and reach for your wallet to make a one time or monthly donation during this season of giving.
Our Programs Are Impactful
We pick up because we live for and love what we see, feel and taste in the air on a sweet salty day. Any kine day. This is a thank you and appreciation for organizing, caring, taking action and inspiring others to join a necessary and ultra worthwhile cause. The effects are far reaching beyond our senses.Susie Hawkes- Pacifica, CA
“I found the whole thing fun, educational and somehow quite therapeutic. I love what you are doing. Keep up the great work.”— Alan Barber, Volunteer
I walk along that beach path almost every day. It’s a special place to me and to see the transformation over the past years. The native plants, flowers and restoration is stunning. As I enter retirement by next year (hopefully), I hope be more active with the PBC and lend a hand. For now, I’m glad to see the donations from Elizabeth and I go to such good use. Thank you for making the planet a better place for all of us.Bill and Elizabeth
Bringing Smiles Even During Difficult Times
Why We Need Donations
- $10 funds a volunteer with supplies like a pick-up stick, gloves, and a bucket. A volunteer picks up an average of 6 pounds of trash/recycling and 45 toxic cigarette filters!
- $25 per student helps us bring elementary school children to local beaches for cleanups and environmental learning.
- $55 pays for a volunteer to plant-sit 1 native plant. Our volunteers plant-sit ~300-600 plants per year.
- $75 pays for one certified naturalist at a beach cleanup to educate ~20-80+ volunteers about our local environment, wildlife and marine debris. We lead ~2 beach cleanups every weekend.
- $100 pays for a naturalist for 3 hrs to lead teams for beach/coastal trail planting and restoration. We aim to conduct ~10 sessions per year.
- $250 pays for our virtual school assembly program for 2 classrooms. We aim to present at ~50 classrooms next year.
- $1,500 enables us to setup a new monthly beach cleanup. There are 2-3 new beaches on our list.
Where Your Donations Currently Go
- Organisation of 8 beach cleanups & 1 habitat restoration events per month with supplies and a team of site captains, junior site captains from South Daly City to Half Moon Bay.
- Restoration and conservation of the native coastline in Pacifica with educational signage on the coastal trail.
- Maintenance, storage and purchase of new supplies for weekly beach cleanups and habitat restoration events.
- Management of our team of certified naturalists hired at a hourly rate to provide education to all the volunteers who come to our events and beach cleanups.
- Yearly Earth Day program which includes: EcoFest with educational booths, cleanups at 60+ locations with team of site captains and certified naturalists.
- Organisation of virtual assemblies in classrooms of 12-16 schools with professional speakers to teach students and parents about marine litter and our yearly Earth Honoree.
- On going creation of educational materials for teachers and home schooled children.
- Yearly Butt Blitz campaign to increase awareness about cigarette filter litter and collection with recycling of 200,000+ filters per year.
- On going coordination of a youth program engaging 10-15 teenagers to lead ecological activities with their peers and schools.
- Year round organisation of the Street to Beach program involving hundreds of volunteers outside of the Bay Area to cleanup their happy place.
- Approval of 1000+ community service hours for students doing their own cleanups from all over the West Coast.
Secured payment via PayPal or Venmo
Or, send us a check at Pacific Beach Coalition, PO Box 932, Pacifica, CA 94044
We are also accepting donations via Venmo! Find us by searching for Pacific Beach Coalition. Thank you.
All donations are tax deductible, and a receipt will be provided for your records.